Saturday 8 February 2014

Book Worm... Paige Toon

At school I hated reading, I think it was because I wasn't very good at it! I would only read Jacqueline Wilson books, (Bad Girls, Tracy Beaker, The Suitcase Kid...) as I grew up, I grew to love reading and now I'm a fan of Chic-Lit! Basically girly stories of love and life, the lives I dream I could have! 

My favourite Author is Paige Toon!  


Until I had read one of her books I had NEVER re-read a book! I treat the books as real-life, the way she writes the characters seem more like a friend than an imaginary person. 

I came across her 1st book 'Lucy In The Sky' in a charity book shop, they are a great way to come across new books cheaply.  I was hooked and I couldn't put it down! Lucy is set in London and Australia, the way Paige describes the settings is like you are actually there seeing, watching and smelling it! 

Her second and my personally fave book is 'Johnny Be Good'. I LOVE THIS BOOK and have read it more than 5 times I think! It's about an off the rails rock star Johnny Jefferson and his long suffering P.A Meg. You follow her journey of trying to look after/tame her rock star crush.

'Chasing Daisy' is her third book and my second fave! It's set on a formula one race track and centred on promos girl/waitress Daisy. It follows the team on an eventful formula one season and oh boy it's rather eventful! 

'Pictures of Lilly' is set again in Oz and follows two love stories at different times that link together, it's a really lovely story and so sweet. 

'Baby Be Mine' is the follow up of Johnny be good... I say know more...! 

'One Perfect Summer' follows Alice in her dream summer as a teenager.. Then you meet up with her a few years on at uni and follow her ups and downs of life! It's set in Cambridge and as I said before her descriptions are like you are there yourself! 

Last years book was 'The Longest Holiday' Laura is on a once in a lifetime holiday to Key West, with sun, sea, sand, very hot men and a man she wants to forget! 

There have been a few eBooks In-between to follow on (One Perfect Christmas and Johnny's girl) and this January she released a young adult (teen) book called  'The Accidental Life Of Jessie Jefferson' following a character from the Johnny books... Need I say more! I have not read this one yet  but really looking forward to soon!

I really love how all the stories very distantly met up, even if it's a characters brothers ex-gf or someone's friend! You don't need to have read them in order but if you do you can see the small links if you read carefully!

Me and Russ are trying to make more time to read as we both love it but never have the time! I can read like three books on a holiday just sitting there in the sun with nothing to do!  So Instead of us sitting watching TV or sitting on our phones or iPad we are trying to take out one evening a week to read. 

Do you have a favourite author? Do you read a lot at home or just on holiday?

Just Hannah xxxx   




2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Paige Toon before but her books seem right up my street! I used to read anything and everything but nowadays its so easy to skim through Facebook and Twitter. I'm also making a conscious effort to read more with James Patterson being my go to author at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor had I until a few years back, I love them and count down till the next ones released! ooooo I shall check out James Patterson too xxxxx

      Delete